Enchanting Canyonlands - Classic Group, 2023
Enchanting Canyonlands – Classic Group, 2023
The American Southwest is a panoramic stage for Mother Nature’s most majestic performance. From experiencing the vastness of the Grand Canyon, exploring the crimson landscapes and diverse scenery of Monument Valley to the otherworldly Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks, this all-American journey introduces you to America’s West in complete style.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort’s renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Zion National Park: Join your Travel Director and new friends for an evening of festivities during your Celebration Dinner and reminisce about the highlights of your journey.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon National Park: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you’ll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He’ll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
- Monument Valley: Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land.
- Antelope Canyon: This morning, board the MV Lady Emma for a private, exclusive cruise to the world-famous Antelope Canyon. Enjoy an onboard breakfast cruising Lake Powell towards Antelope Canyon.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sedona: Journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona to explore its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty.
- Red Rock Scenic Byway: Travel through world-renowned Red Country along the Red Rock Scenic Byway and one of only 20 designated All-American Roads nationwide.
- Creek Canyon Scenic Byway: Follow Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Byway through Coconino National Forest, a breathtaking stretch of road recognized by Rand McNally as one of the Top 5 Most Scenic Drives in America.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American’s traded wool and livestock.
- Desert View Drive: Enjoy more grand vistas of the Grand Canyon as you travel along the South Rim Desert View Drive, skirting the south rim of the canyon until you exist the park at the east entrance.
- Bryce Canyon National Parkl: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. You’ll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
- Highway 89: Travel through Bryce Canyon Country on a portion of the Scenic Highway 89, recognized by National Geographic as the number 1 Driver’s Drive in the world.
- Zion National Park: Travel through more amazing scenery on your way to Zion National Park. Cut through the Checkerboard Mesa and meander down to Zion Canyon, past many famous Zion landmarks.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale.
Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.
Monument Valley and Lake Powell.
Leisurely Lake Powell.
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Zion National Park.
Depart Salt Lake City.