Jewels of Alaska of - with Glacier Discovery Cruise Ocean View Cabin, 2022
Jewels Of Alaska Of – With Glacier Discovery Cruise Ocean View Cabin, 2022
“One experience not to be missed on this trip is taking a coach tour into Denali National Park. That’s because other than hiking in, this is the only way to experience the 6 million acre Denali National Park.” – Joel, Travel Director
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Denali: For tonight’s dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a charming local brewery or your lodge’s rustic restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Dining Summary: Breakfast (B), Dinner (D), Dinner with Wine (DW), Lunch (L)
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Anchorage on an included city tour.
- Alaska Native Heritage Center: During a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center, enjoy an exclusive presentation on Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) while learning how it’s made by Alaska’s first people.
- Denali National Park: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Denali: Meet four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 kilometre) dogsled race while enjoying lunch at his home.
Top Rated Highlight
- Matanuska Valley: Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
- Talkeetna: Enjoy a jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Alaska Railroad Transport: Enjoy a Relaxed Start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaska Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Prince William Sound: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile (160 kilometre) boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord, where you’ll get an up-close and personal look at the impressive glaciers.
- Glacier Cruise: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers
Anchorage Sightseeing and the Matanuska Valley
Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad
Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness
Girdwood and Mount Alyeska
Prince William Sound Cruise and on to join your Glacier Discovery Cruise
Cruising – Day at Sea
Scenic Cruising – Glacier Bay National Park
Cruising – Haines
Cruising – Juneau
Cruising – Ketchikan
Scenic Cruising – Inside Passage